Thursday 15 February 2018

Where is my Vietnam - 1535874009 - Subtitle - Moddi


Moddi người Na-Uy tập hợp 12 bản nhạc bị cấm ở 12 nước trong một Album có tựa đề "Unsongs", trong đó có bản "Việt Nam Tôi Đâu" của Việt Khang. 
Moddi dịch ra tiếng Anh hay và thoát hết ý của bài gốc, lại thêm vài ý khác cùng nội dung.  

My Vietnam, I have known you for so long
Lately I've become aware of all your sorrow
People are hungry and afraid, while hundred miles away
Their leaders pig on pork chops and champagne

My Vietnam, there is rust upon your star
And your wealth is with those who are in power
They have betrayed your mountains and your rivers
They have all failed you and sold your land away

Where are you now, my Vietnam?
Where are your daughters and sons?
You must wake up and raise your voice as one
And though we deal but little strokes, in time we will fell great oaks
Who's with me now?
Ask "Where is my, where's my Vietnam?"

My Vietnam, how many young and brave
Must sleep beneath the waves, must fall before the cannons?
On Paracel and Spratly's bloody shores our name will stand or fall
A thousand years of darkness still remain

Our own have invited China in
They are cowards and lackeys of Beijing
Where are the heirs to your mountains and your rivers?
They will be here when they hear your call to arms!

So where are you now, my Vietnam?
Where are your daughters and sons?
You must wake up and raise your voice as one
And though we deal but little strokes, in time we will fell great oaks
Hold your fist high, together we'll fight for a new Vietnam